Pinterest is a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies, and more. Users can browse other pinboards for inspiration, ‘re-pin’ images to their own collections and/or ‘like’ photo.
These are some marketing tips:
1. Pinterest is a visual social network: So you can have images about your products. Example , an real estate agency can have images of interior of apartments, the surroundings
2. Create a User-Generated Pinboard: You can allow other users to contribute their own pins to our hosted pinboards on a user by user basis, this opens up a great opportunity to involve fans and customers. Ask users to share their experience using images.
3. Gather Insight Into Buyer Personas: Use Pinterest as a tool for understanding the interests and needs of ideal customers. View pinboards of customers to aid in understanding of who customers are and what they’re interested in.
4. Re-Pin What Followers Are Interested In: Showcase the cool things followers are pinning in a separate pinboard but re-pinning followers’ pins. This will add a non-promotional, interesting dynamic to collection of pinboards while promoting engagement with followers.
5. Become an Expert: Using images and stats you can talk about the recent news, give advices.
6. Videos can also be pinned.
Take care :)